ChexSystems Report: How and Where to Get a ChexSystems Report
A ChexSystems report can be obtained from the consumer debit website. Even if you have not been declined a checking or savings account, knowing if you have been reported to ChexSystems is very important. For one, banks and building societies do make mistakes, or you could be a victim of identity fraud. It is very important for financial planning purposes that you make sure there is no inaccurate about your finances reported to ChexSystems.
Getting a ChexSystems report is a simple and straightforward process. Obtaining a ChexSystems report does not require you to pay a fee. You are also entitled to a free copy of your consumer report, at your request, once every 12 months, under the Fair and Accurate Credit Transaction Act (FACTA).
What Does the ChexSystems Report Include?
Any ChexSystems report will always contain several items and a variety of information about you that will help a ChexSystems affiliated bank to determine if you are ‘qualified’ to have a bank account. These include;
- If you have had an account that has been closed by a bank
- If you’re outstanding debts to that bank have been paid
- Your social security number and whether it is valid
- Your drivers license and whether it is valid
- A list of banks that you owe money to
Along with this information a ChexSystems report will also tell what exactly it is that you did to have the bank close your account(s). These include;
- Multiple overdrafts within a specific period of time
- Savings account abuse or fraud
- Checking account abuse or fraud
- ATM abuse or fraud
- Whether you have a check(s) outstanding with SCAN
- How many accounts you’ve applied for in the last 90 days
- How many checks you’ve ordered in the last 3 years
How and Where to Get a ChexSystems Report
The ChexSystems report can be obtained by visiting their website and filling out a web form and submitting it on the website. Alternatively you can also use the following methods:
Call 1-800-428-9623 and provide information to a voice messaging system
Print and fill in an order form and mail to:
Attn: Consumer relations
7805 Hudson Road Suite 100
Woodbury MN 55125
Print and fill in an order form and fax to:
Consumer Relations at 602.659.2197
What Information is Required?
When applying for your ChexSystems report certain information is required, this is often requested on the application form you need to complete and will include:
- Personal details including social security number
- Address details
- Banking history
The form filling should be straight forward exercise and once you have completed the form make sure you check that every field is filled in correctly. Failure to do so may mean delays in getting your report back. Your report is sent via U.S. Mail free of charge.